auxiliary copy to tape from Primary (disk)

Last post 10-04-2016, 2:22 AM by AnthonyTeah. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • auxiliary copy to tape from Primary (disk)
    Posted: 10-04-2016, 2:22 AM

Hi,

I want to do a automatic daily backup (full) (except sat and sun) to tape, so that i can send my tape out daily for DR.

Initially, we done it using schedule but sometime, the primary took very long to backup due to some issues. Another problem is there are also times that there are no free tapes.

Not sure whether is it possible. Hopefully someone can advise me on this topic:

Whether is it possible to do automatic schedule for auxiliary copy from my primary (disk) for that day and kill any previous jobs (failed or sat and sunday job). I want to backup the data of previous day on tape and mark the tape as not usable after that.

I saw the topic on automatic schedulebut i dont really understand

By default, the automatic auxiliary copy operation will:

• copy one data stream at a time
    • not start on new media
    • not mark the media full after successful completion.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy