AppAware Backup failed for MSSQL

Last post 10-07-2016, 4:39 PM by tcottrell. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • AppAware Backup failed for MSSQL
    Posted: 10-07-2016, 5:49 AM

Hi there,

At first thank you for taking the time to read this.

We are currently experiencing some issues in doing an AppAware backup for a client which has MSSQL databases on it (Using Intellisnap/NetApp)

This is what I'm seeing in the ApplicationMgr.log:

4320  d0c   10/06 16:47:37 ### ClientSessionWrapper::receive() -  [ cvd.exe ]  [ClientSessionWrapper::receive] Error receiving message. [0x80070306:{CCvNetwork::ReceiveXDRMessage(4864)} + {CCvNetwork::ReceiveXDRMessagePrivate(5124)/W32.774.(One or more errors occurred while processing the request.)-Unexpected message from RemoteHost=xx.eigenhaard.nl, RemoteProcess=AppMgrSvc.exe, Received Msg=872415641:APPMGR_SET_MSSQL_INSTANCE_LIST_RESP1, Expected=872415541:APPMGR_SET_MSSQL_INSTANCE_LIST_RESP. Connection string: ** RemoteHost:xx.eigenhaard.nl RemoteClient:bs01 RemoteProcess:AppMgrSvc.exe RemoteProcessId:1452 RemoteThreadId:3684 RemoteService:AppManager network access RemotePort:Type=Socket. IPv4 port=49255, IPv6 port=0}]
    Which makes me think this is not an application issue per say.

Anyways, is anybody familiar with this message? 
    I've added a screenshot from the Job details.
    We are running v11 SP4
    If there is any additional information needed, please let me know!

Regards,
    Wesley
  • Re: AppAware Backup failed for MSSQL
    Posted: 10-07-2016, 4:39 PM

Do you see the workflow job kick off?  Does the SQL client side job kick off as well?  If its just the virtual server job kicking off could you get the logs from that job (right click view logs) and attach them here?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy