MySQL databases transaction logs

Last post 10-11-2016, 5:38 PM by Eugene. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • MySQL databases transaction logs
    Posted: 10-07-2016, 5:32 PM

Hello

In one of our MySQL servers, there are 5 databases (mysql, moodle, moodletest, sys, temptest) but in transaction logs only one (mysql) is available to restore even though I intentionally made a change today in temptest it is not reflected in the transactional log taken just after that. Any suggestions?

Thank you

• Re: MySQL databases transaction logs
    Posted: 10-11-2016, 4:13 PM

Hi Eugene,

I'm not certain I understand. What are you expecting to see that you are not seeing?

Posted: 10-11-2016, 5:21 PM
    Hi Carl,
    The MySQL databases are full backed up in daily basis at 11:00pm and also every hour incremental as transaction logs between 8:00am and 8:00pm. There's no problem with the full backup but in the transaction logs I couldn't find nothing than the database named "mysql" but no one of the other four (there are 5 databases: mysql, moodle, moodletest, sys, temptest). 
    Thanks,
    Eugene
    Posted: 10-11-2016, 5:32 PM

Hi Eugene,

You mean in the logs on disk you don't see any activity for those other databases?

If so, you might be better off raising a question on a MySQL support forum or with support themselves if you have it.

If you think there's a problem with the backup, this might warrant a support ticket with us for further investigation.

Posted: 10-11-2016, 5:38 PM

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm going to open a ticket for this

Eugene

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy