Linux Backup Size Bigger

Last post 10-21-2016, 4:26 AM by ignesi. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Linux Backup Size Bigger
    Posted: 10-21-2016, 4:26 AM

Hi, I am busy testing Linux (CentOS 5) file system backup.

The application size is 3GB with the initial full written to disk about 600MB. Every incremental is roughly 250MB per day.

The report of the previous software show that for the same data the written size to be under 20MB. This was achieved with Attix5.

I have forced client side compression and also removed the encryption.

Should I change the deduplication factor to lower than the default of 128KB on the storage policy?

Cheers.

Ignes

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy