Calculation help needed for backup and archive

Last post 11-14-2016, 3:02 AM by rjo. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Calculation help needed for backup and archive
    Posted: 11-11-2016, 2:06 AM

Total email users 5000

Each user is at 1GB mail box size

Need to backup on weekly basis, monthly basis and yearly basis.

Archive on yearly basis for 5 years

Total Email Server Storage is about 10TB

Recommend the Media Server Specification and assuming I need to backup to disk, say using external disk or NAS, what will be the storage size for backup and archiving for 5 Years.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + W I L L I A M C H O W +
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Re: Calculation help needed for backup and archive
    Posted: 11-14-2016, 3:02 AM
    • rjo is not online. Last active: 11-14-2016, 3:52 AM rjo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2015
    • Australia
    • Novice
    • Points 44

Hi,

So, roughly 5TB of email data to be backed up and archived.

Are you using deduplication?  I assume you would.

What is your archive rule? Anything older than 365 days?

When you say "Total Email Server Storage is about 10TB", this includes free space on disks/drive?

Regards

RJo
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy