File Archive Reconfiguration

Last post 11-17-2016, 2:30 PM by PRS. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • File Archive Reconfiguration
    Posted: 11-17-2016, 2:30 PM

I am planning to implement changes to our File Archive configuration and have these questions:

1) There is a File Archive storage policy in place with Content Indexing activated. I would like to turn off Content Indexing as our legal department doesn't use it for eDiscovery. If I remove it from the storage policy will the existing content indexing be erased?

2)Once Content Indexing is removed from the File Archive storage policy, I would like to remove the current media agent and replace with a new media agent. Both media agents are VMware virtual servers. Can I detach the library from the old media agent and attach it to the new media agent and move the dedupe database to the new media agent and have the CommCell recognize the change? Or do I need to follow the procedure that requires sharing the library and copying content over to the new media agent?

3) With Content Indexing turned off but "Enable for archiving" checked on a server's File System iDA, will backed up data count against Data Protection Enterprise or Data Protection Archive?

Thanks,

Paul R. Smith

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy