Aux copy stops working after a while with 13:138

Last post 11-22-2016, 6:04 PM by Marcus Rolim. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Aux copy stops working after a while with 13:138
    Posted: 11-22-2016, 5:30 AM

I have setup a lab environment where I'm detailing the procedures on how to configure Aux copy between media agents through firewalls and using a Commvault Proxy.

After some configuration around firewall ports and topologies I got it all working, and left it running for a few days on its own.

Now I notice that the Aux copy jobs get in a pending state with the error, summarized:

Error code 13:138

Error occurred while processing chunk [..]

Unable to setup the copy pipeline. Please check connectivity between Source MA [ma3] and Destination MA [ma2]

Source: ma3, Process CVJobReplicatorODS

Error code 10:2

Unable to communicate with the remote machine [ma2.domain.local] to start the Data Pipe. Please check the network connectivity between the local machine and the remote machine and verify this product's Communication.

This is a completely isolated enviornment which only I manage. If I restart the Commvault services on the destination MA [ma2] the Aux copy jobs resume working, only to stop again after a day or so.

This is a completely virtualized enviornment in VMware ESXi 6.0, and the only reference to the error code 13:138 is that sometimes using the E1000 virtual NIC type can cause problems. I am using VMXNET 3 throughout.

Any ideas?

• Re: Aux copy stops working after a while with 13:138
    Posted: 11-22-2016, 6:04 PM

Hi sechm,

It might be due to commvault Firewall Configuration.

On the remote MA configure as per below:

Incomming Connections

Entity = <Proxy Server>

State = <RESTRICT>

Outgoing Routes

Remote Entity = <The clients or MA you'd like that this MA talk to, you may need to create a client group>

Route Type = Via Proxy

Remote proxy = <Proxy Server>

Not sure if have 2 proxies (one for the DMZ and another for your main subnet).

If you have 2 proxies, you need to go to  the DMZ proxy and also configure it to just talk to the proxy in your main network, such as.

Outgoig routes:

Remote Entity: <commserve> <media agents>

Route type: Via proxy

Proxy settings: <the proxy on the main network>

Please remember:

The tunnel HTTP/HTTPS port is 8403.

Always push firewall configuration after a firewall conf change

Run the cvfwc_ping command to test connectivity to the client computer.

For troubleshooting you can check the cvfwd log file.

Fort further information regarding firewall configuration please navigate to.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/firewall/online_help.htm

I hope it helps :)

Regards

Marcus

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy