Trying to Install VDDK 5.5.5 Manually with v10 R2

Last post 11-22-2016, 6:17 PM by Marcus Rolim. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Trying to Install VDDK 5.5.5 Manually with v10 R2
    Posted: 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM

I am trying to install VDDK v5.5.5 and have that used for the backup jobs. The media agents are Windows 2012 R2. I have created:

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit\"

In that directory I have extracted the bin and lib folders from the VDDK downlaod from VMware.

In the bin directory I have run the vstor2install.bat file successfully.

I created the reg key:

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Vmware, Inc.\VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit"

-InstallPath = C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit\

-VerifySSLCertificates = 0

I rebooted the media agents and ran a new job, still the vsbkp.log shows:

"CVMDiskInfo::GetVDDKInstallPath() - Using vStorage VDDK from [C:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\Base\VMware\VDDK] version [6.0.2 build-3566099]"

How do I get CommVault to use the 5.5 and not the default VDDK?

Thank you.

• Re: Trying to Install VDDK 5.5.5 Manually with v10 R2
    Posted: 11-22-2016, 6:17 PM

Hi jaxisland7575,

The step regarind the regkey says to remove other key previously created by another installation.

4. Edit the Windows registry with regedit and check for the following key. If this key exists from a previous VDDK install, right-click to delete it. Add a registry entry with the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc.\VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit

Did you check whter there is no other regkey from previous installation?

Regards,

Marcus

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy