Migrating v9 mailbox archiving to v11 mailbox archiving

Last post 11-29-2016, 4:58 PM by POne. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Migrating v9 mailbox archiving to v11 mailbox archiving
    Posted: 11-24-2016, 5:47 AM

Hi

I am upgrating Commvault to v11 from v9.  I have the Exchange mailbox agent configured using a proxy.

The CV11 Books have the following statment "If you have been using the traditional Archiver Agent to protect your data, then you must transition to OnePass. "

However, I now see that v11 has a new Exchange Mailbox Agent.  Should I use this instead of Onepass?

If so I presume I can't upgrade the agent on the current proxy and need to install on a new proxy server?

thank you

• Re: Migrating v9 mailbox archiving to v11 mailbox archiving
    Posted: 11-28-2016, 4:26 AM

Hi Pal,

A new proxy would be better option. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/fs_archive_exchange/t_transition_exmba_to_oneex_creating_new_client.htm
    Transitioning to OnePass for Exchange Mailbox (Classic): Creating a New Client
    Note: If you want to continue to use the Exchange Mailbox Archiver Agent for archiving and recovery operations, you cannot upgrade the older client.
    http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/dm_ex/recover_troubleshooting.htm

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/fs_archive_exchange/c_transition_exmba_to_oneex_overview.htm
    Transitioning from the Exchange Mailbox Archiver Agent to OnePass for Exchange Mailbox (Classic)
    After you transition to OnePass for Exchange Mailbox (Classic) in version 11, you can continue to use the Exchange Mailbox Archiver Agent to recover data that was archived using that agent. However, you cannot use the Exchange Mailbox Archiver Agent to perform archiving operations.

Regards

Jim

• Re: Migrating v9 mailbox archiving to v11 mailbox archiving
    Posted: 11-29-2016, 4:58 PM

Thanks Jim

I take you need to retain the old proxy to retrieve email that had been archive by it or can the new proxy retrieve that email using onepass?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy