Anyone using Azure for a cloud library?

Last post 11-29-2016, 2:43 PM by SteveaTX. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Anyone using Azure for a cloud library?
    Posted: 04-28-2016, 4:57 PM

I was wondering if anyone is using Azure for a cloud storage library? In a nutshell, I have an Azure based cloud library and I aux copied all my stuff to it and now just daily change goes to it thru aux.

I ask because I am and noticed it is costing more than I anticipated because about 60-75% of the data is showing up in Azure as Page Blob, rather than Block Blob as I expected.

Page blob, of course, costs 5x what block blobs cost, so I ran out of azure credits in about 7 months instead of the anticipated year. Going back to the well for more cash is always daunting.

• Re: Anyone using Azure for a cloud library?
    Posted: 11-29-2016, 2:43 PM

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a out any information about it?

Thanks!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy