Exchange Milbox backup issue Failed All messages in mailbox

Last post 12-13-2016, 4:23 PM by tcottrell. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange Milbox backup issue Failed All messages in mailbox
    Posted: 12-13-2016, 7:01 AM

Hello,

we are backing up mailboxes from Exchange 2013  DAG(two nodes) with Commvault v10. I have configurated node1 as  proxy. Job COMPLETED w/ ONE OR MORE ERRORS. I am unable to backup some mailboxes. I have added screenshot and job log. can you help me please?

• Re: Exchange Milbox backup issue Failed All messages in mailbox
    Posted: 12-13-2016, 9:22 AM

Hey etoman,

what do you mean with node1 as proxy ?

the proxy is usually a system outside to the DAG.
    To access all Mailboxes you have to ";" seperated list the DAG Member in the mailbox agent properies. (Exchange Server Name: - general tab of agent properties )

did you do this ? otherwise you will only be able to access the mailboxes active on the mentioned Nodes of the DAG

regards
    Klaus 

• Re: Exchange Milbox backup issue Failed All messages in mailbox
    Posted: 12-13-2016, 4:23 PM

Very difficult to say without more information, however I would suggest starting here:  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/exchange_mailbox/backup_troubleshooting.htm

What is the error message coming back on the proxy server in the exmbbackup.log file for the mailboxes?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy