How build standby commserv at DR site

Last post 12-15-2016, 5:04 AM by moj. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How build standby commserv at DR site
    Posted: 12-14-2016, 1:45 AM
    Hi 

I have plan to building the standby CommServe host at DR customer site,
    Could you please advice me?, following environment is below.

- Current existing Commserv+MediaAgent install in instance01 (same physical machine) at DC site ****Production Commserv****
    - DR site have MediaAgent+Commvault Proxy install in instance01 (same physical machine) ****I have plan use it for Standby Commserv*****

Can someone please help me?
    Thank you very much

Regards,
    Damrong
  • Re: How build standby commserv at DR site
    Posted: 12-14-2016, 2:51 PM

See if the below documentation steps help you out:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/disaster_recovery/c_cs_failover_overview.htm

Since you have a Commvault proxy in the DR side, i would install a CommServe to the DR side, and a SQL agent in a second instance on the DR CommServe.  The sql agent should be installed to the Production Commserve but physically on the DR CommServe.  Then you can setup log shipping to the DR Commserve.  This will sync up your database to the DR site.

That is the most basic setup, however you can setup the full CS Failover feature as listed in the documentation link.

• Re: How build standby commserv at DR site
    Posted: 12-15-2016, 5:04 AM

Hi dmcvault

Thank you very much for advice me.

Existing Environment at DR Site have one Physical machine (MediaAgent+Commvault Proxy(Instance001) to be in the production CommCell)

Can i install a CommServ Software  in instance002 and install SQL Agent+CommServ Failover Package in a Instance003?

Please help me

Regards,

Damrong

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy