CommVault Security

Last post 12-15-2016, 4:45 PM by graterb. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • CommVault Security
    Posted: 10-11-2016, 6:02 AM

I have previously always used CommCell Users and User Groups in order to control access rights within the GUI. However I have recently defined one Active Directory domain account and added several users to this domain group. Having activated Single Sign on all of these users can logon automatically with FULL access permissions. How can I limit access for one individual to Restore only etc? 

• Re: CommVault Security
    Posted: 10-11-2016, 8:20 AM

Hi,

You can limit account permission via CV_Restricted_Visibility Group.

You can find more infromation about restricted visibility group and how to set it up from documentation:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/commcell_console/commcell_console_advanced.htm

Hope that's something you're looking for.

- Mikko

Posted: 10-11-2016, 8:36 AM

There is no "deny" functionality when configuring security. You can separate the users into 2 groups, one with full permissions and one with backup permissions

Posted: 12-15-2016, 4:45 PM

Thank you!  I've been looking for this to help keep the screen from showing confusion to the end users.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy