Ability to drill down in reports?

Last post 12-30-2016, 9:42 AM by andi_c. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Ability to drill down in reports?
    Posted: 12-30-2016, 9:42 AM

Hello.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get more granular reporting on my Oracle database backups.  I can see in my daily license report that the capacity of my "Oracle Database" backups is growing -- the problem is I can't tell exactly which database is causing the issue.  Our DBA's back up their databases using RMAN scripts - which use multiple threads to run their backups - so in my reports, I see multiple jobs from the same client backing up the same database simultaneously.   I could add them all up manually, but I really don't want to have to do that for EACH database (we have lots of them!)

Is there an easier way to get an overall view of the backup size (current as well as historical, or some kind of growth report) of each individual database without having to add them up manually?  

thanks.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy