Order in which journal mailboxes are archived

Last post 01-06-2017, 11:21 AM by tcottrell. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Order in which journal mailboxes are archived
    Posted: 01-04-2017, 6:32 PM

With the compliance archiver (v10), it seems as thouhg new messages in the journal mailbox are indexed and it works backwards towards older emails. Is this true and, if so, any way to have the compliance archiver index the oldest items in a journal mailbox first?

• Re: Order in which journal mailboxes are archived
    Posted: 01-06-2017, 11:21 AM

I do not believe there is any way to do this unfortunately.  I believe the job enumerates and processes messages in the default order which would be the newest first and work its way back.  Is there any business need for this that can be conveyed to our engineering team?  If so a modification request could be created for it (though I would recommend doing so via a ticket).

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy