laptop backup and restore

Last post 01-09-2017, 12:55 PM by deploy. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • laptop backup and restore
    Posted: 01-09-2017, 10:46 AM

Hello

I'm trying to configure laptop backup, where laptop is roaming - connected to internal and sometimes connected on external internet network. There is no VPN connection from laptop to intranet company network. Backup of internal laptops is already configured and works well for now.

To backup external laptops I plan to install commvault proxy server in my DMZ area and I believe backup would working through one tunnel proxy port.

But I have a problem to see in documentation how to configure restore laptop option via webconsole. I have only webserver and webconsole installed on commserve server.

Questions:

Is it possible to configure self-restore option via webconsole on external laptops without VPN using only inbound DMZ proxy port?

Should I configure webconsole on DMZ network to restore laptop files?

Only webconsole on DMZ is enough or is it necessary to install webconsole and webserver on DMZ together?

Is it possible to install webconsole together with commvault proxy on one server on DMZ?

If I shoud have only webconsole on DMZ - how can I access webserver located in commserve server from webconsole server on DMZ network?

Commvault ver 11.

Thanks in advance for any help

• Re: laptop backup and restore
    Posted: 01-09-2017, 12:55 PM

For self service restore you will have to have a webconsole in the DMZ and a commvault proxy. All of the entry points for restores, whether you use the webconsole or the explorer plugin, require access to the webconsole for communication. Data will still travel using the proxy.

Only the web console is required to be on DMZ. The webserver can be on the LAN. You have to setup a route for them to talk. The basic concept is that you setup a commvault firewall route between the webconsole and webserver and then a specific tppm port for the web service. http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/firewall/t_configuring_access_to_the_web_server_using_tppm.htm

You can use the same server for the webconsole and the commvault proxy depending on how much traffic you expect.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy