howto migrate from FileArchiver to OnePass (NAS Agent)

Last post 02-08-2017, 9:39 AM by johanningk. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • howto migrate from FileArchiver to OnePass (NAS Agent)
    Posted: 01-20-2017, 6:21 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the archiving stuff and have an environment coming from V9 to actually V10SP11.

In V9 FileArchiver on Windows Server were used to Archive NAS Shares (on a NetApp FAS).

Now in the middle of V10 CV introduced OnePass also for NAS and marks the classical Archiver as deprecated.

My question is regarding to the old, already archived stuff after I introduce the new NAS OnePass configuration.
    Will this data still be accessible after "migrating" the Agent ? Or do I need to keep the old archiver for retrieval ?

currently there are two Windows Server available for Restore, while only one is doing the archiving job.
    If I introduce new clients to be used as "proxy" for the CiFS Shares, can they also be used for the retrieval of the former archived stuff ?

What changes are nessecary in the FPolicy to enable future archive / restore functionality ?

best regards
    Klaus 

• Re: howto migrate from FileArchiver to OnePass (NAS Agent)
    Posted: 02-06-2017, 9:40 PM

This BOL Link should assist you in transition from Classic Archiver to OnePass. 

Transitioning from Traditional Archiver to Simpana OnePass Agent

Note In this documentation Section:

Once the archiving has been disabled, do not delete the archive set / agent. This will allow for the recovery of archived data. Do not delete the Storage Policy associated with the Archiver subclient as the Stub Recall and Browse and Restore operations will be still using the data from this Storage Policy.

Hope you are not using NetApp C-mode, if you do then I would suggest a call-in.

Raj A
  • Re: howto migrate from FileArchiver to OnePass (NAS Agent)
    Posted: 02-08-2017, 9:39 AM

Thanx RAJ,

my setup is 7-mode, so I'm probably fine.
    wasn' sure how to "merge" the old HSM with the new stuff, but now learned that the old will stay old (index bound to archiver client) , while the new archives will be new and bound to the NAS Client.

the fpolicy will point to / address the new archiving proxies and the old stuff can still be retrieved by them although "owned" by / associated to a different "client"

regards
    Klaus

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy