Exchange Mailbox Agent architecture Question

Last post 01-28-2017, 1:43 AM by Anton. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange Mailbox Agent architecture Question
    Posted: 01-27-2017, 7:17 AM

Hello,

I'm deploying end user recovery environment for Exchange Mailbox archive solution. The webdoc states that I should install search engine and complience serach component.

http://docs.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/fs_archive_exchange/outlook_addin/deployment_search_engine.htm

The question is where I should install these components.  I have alredy deployed web server, web console, Exchange Proxy server and index server.  

The description is quite obscure.

Thank you for your answers.

• Re: Exchange Mailbox Agent architecture Question
    Posted: 01-27-2017, 9:51 AM

Deploying a search engine should be carefully planned. I would suggest reviewing this section:

http://docs.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=prod_overview/content_index.htm

Do you require usage of the ContentStore Email Viewer or do you plan on creating stubs and just want basic recall mechanisms available (I.E. archive out a message leaving a stub which is retrievable by end users).  The ContentStore Email Viewer requires not only archiving of the messages, but also running content indexing against those message to ingest them into an indexing engine.  This can be a resource intensive process, but with this in place you can run 'stubless' archives taking the entire footprint of the message out of Exchange and allowing access through the seperate ContentStore Email Viewer.

You may also want to check your licensing to make sure you are already setup to do Content Indexing.

If you only require basic stub recoveries (and possibly access for end users through the web console), the packages you already have deployed will be sufficient to perform this.

Posted: 01-27-2017, 10:03 AM

Hi Anton,

As per the description it looks like you are configuring new exchange Mailbox agent.

What are the end user recovery models you are trying to configure here?

1) webconsole ?

2) COntentstore EMail viewer?

3) End user search page?

for new agent we don't need to have any seperate search engine, index server is good enough for CI.

we will update the BOL in SP7.

1 & 3 is not applicable for new agent.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Procedure

1. To enable the End-User Search page, you must also install Compliance Search. See Installing Compliance Search.
    2. After you enable content indexing , run a content indexing job.

Thanks,
    Srinivas 

Posted: 01-28-2017, 1:43 AM

Hello Remula,

Yes, I'm deploying end user serach solution for the new Exchange Mailbox agent.

I was about to deploy an end user search page, but you claim that this option is not available anymore. 

Could you please clarify that?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy