Howto enable "AutoDetectVMOwner" in Vmware sublcient per script ?

Last post 02-21-2017, 4:49 AM by kloganathan. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Howto enable "AutoDetectVMOwner" in Vmware sublcient per script ?
    Posted: 02-15-2017, 5:27 AM

Hi,

I'm currently trying to setup my environment using workflows and scripts.

to be able to assign EndUser Priviledges to VMs and VM content backed up using VSA it is extremly helpful to use the auto detect owner function in the subclient.

unfortunately this is not covered w/ "updateSubclient.xml" or "createSubclient.xml".

any idea how I can achieve this ?

regards
    Klaus

• Re: Howto enable "AutoDetectVMOwner" in Vmware sublcient per script ?
    Posted: 02-16-2017, 9:11 AM

That property does not follow XML protocol , so we dont have a qcommand for this , but we can provide a qscript for this. I will send you the qscript by tomorrow.

Posted: 02-16-2017, 9:25 AM

that'll be great :)

I was inspecting GUI logs and saw the XML outputs of the query statements but wasn't able to create a request/update script out of it.

Posted: 02-19-2017, 6:57 AM

Hi ,

I am done with the qscript and tested it. Please access the qscript file from here.

https://drive.commvault.com/webconsole/gtl.do?gid=xsoJX8Ob

Copy .sqle file to any location and give that path in -f paremeter.

It also got a Html file that will have the syntax for qscript execution.

Karthik

Posted: 02-21-2017, 4:30 AM

Thanks Karthik,

I tested it and will use it im my deployment WFs.
    Is this something, that can / will be integrated in the product in future SPs or Versions ?

I'd like to have a supported solution for production use :)

best regards
    Klaus

Posted: 02-21-2017, 4:49 AM

Hi Klaus,

This is permanent script that i have checked in to our SP8 branch. But it wont get installed with any package. Its a standalone script file.

Karthik

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy