Migrating all data/stubs from one drive to another, same server.

Last post 02-16-2017, 12:13 PM by jehrichs. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Migrating all data/stubs from one drive to another, same server.
    Posted: 02-16-2017, 12:13 PM
    Details:

Commvault v11, SP6, all hotfixes.
    Client server is Windows 2012 R2.
    Application size for that subclient shows 8TB for the last synthetic full.
    Drives have a software encryption that we're wanting to remove now that our SAN hardware has self encrypting drives.
    My plan thus far:

1. Restore files/stubs from backup to new drive and verify folder permissions are all accurate.
    2. Remove all windows shares pointing to old drive/folders.
    3. Use compare tool to validate all files/folders are on the new drive and copy any that are missing.
    4. Add new windows shares that point to the new drive/folders

Does this sound like a good plan and would there be anything you'd change/improve?

What do we do going forward with the subclient for that system?

Do I update the existing subclient to point the new paths? Will this show as new data and basically double my application size?

Do I create a new subclient pointing to the new paths and disable the previous subclient? How will this impact my job retentioning?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy