Backing up O365 Document Libraries

Last post 03-22-2017, 4:26 PM by Washoe. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backing up O365 Document Libraries
    Posted: 03-16-2017, 5:39 PM

I'm exploring using on-prem CV to backup our O365 SharePoint Document Libraries to Microsoft Azure Blob storage.  The Azure storage is already set up and being utilized as a replacement for our tape backups.  We do not have a CV commserver or media agent in Azure so all media agents and commserver are on prem.  I want to deduplicate the backed up O365 Sharepoint Document Library data as well.

CV is v11 SP6 with the latest patches.  I'm using http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/sharepoint/c_shpt_offc365.htm as a reference.

The url starts with "On the computer where you want to install the SharePoint Server Agent..." 

Are there any specs for this computer; memory, processors, available disk space?

Can it be a virtual server running on hyper-v?

Can it be Windows Server 2016?

Does it have to be it's own client server or can it co-mingle with a server that serves another purpose? (Not sure this is route I want to take so just wondering ...)

Appreciate any guidance anybody can offer.

• Re: Backing up O365 Document Libraries
    Posted: 03-20-2017, 2:09 PM

Currently no specific requirements beyond what is listed here:  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=system_requirements/sharepoint.htm

Disk space requirements are the key piece here as there is staging of entire sites temporarily in the job results on the system while the backup is processing.  A virtual server should be fine and I have not heard any issues with Server 2016 at this point so I see no reason this would be an issue.  

It can co-mingle as long as it is not an on-prem SharePoint server.

• Re: Backing up O365 Document Libraries
    Posted: 03-22-2017, 4:26 PM

Great info on the job results directory.  That's new information for me.  And I see from the url you provided the job results directory for the document library backup should be twice the size of the largest subsite.  Thank you for the advice and the url.  I appreciate your help.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy