Oracle 12c R2 / Windows 2012 R2 - backup problems

Last post 03-29-2017, 4:35 AM by Toreml. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Oracle 12c R2 / Windows 2012 R2 - backup problems
    Posted: 03-17-2017, 4:37 AM

Hi.
    We have a server - windows 2012 R2 and Oracle 12c R2.
    We are running Commvault v10 R2 sp14.

The problem is  that we get status Unknown - and no Oracle version

This is the first server which is installed with this Oracle version.

I also get this error when I select properties / Content on the default subclient.

Is there any issues with the Oracle version against Commvault V10R2 - sp 14?

Regards

Tore ML

• Re: Oracle 12c R2 / Windows 2012 R2 - backup problems
    Posted: 03-28-2017, 5:12 PM

Tore,

This is a new version of oracle. Basically it should work. 

Can make sure permissions are setu properly for commvault folders?

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/oracle/t_ora_grant_permission.htm

If it still fails, We can check commvault logs if you can escalate the issue into support.

Thanks

Shankar

Shankar Reddy Vullupala
    Manager, UNIX DB
  • Re: Oracle 12c R2 / Windows 2012 R2 - backup problems
    Posted: 03-29-2017, 4:35 AM

Hi.

I had a talk with support - and as far as they could check all looked OK from the Commvault site. 

The problem is solved.
    Look to be a permissions issue.
    The DBA haven't told me which changes she did, but it all works fine now - so I'm happy.

Tore 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy