PAExec service

Last post 03-20-2017, 2:02 PM by tcottrell. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • PAExec service
    Posted: 03-20-2017, 9:27 AM

Hi everyone -

Still new to CV software. I had a question about two sql machines - when i looked at the services that were and weren't running on the machine, I noticed a bunch of PAExec Service listed set to manual but were not running. Is this normal? Aren't they supposed to clean up once the backup completes or any patches are applied? Is it normal that they just sit there. There appears to be about maybe 20 of them at most listed.

Please see attached photo

Attachment: paexec.JPG
  • Re: PAExec service
    Posted: 03-20-2017, 2:02 PM

Are you using the application aware VSA feature?  I would recommend opening a support ticket to assist in cleaning this up and upgrading to Service Pack 6 as the discovery process changed to not include PAExec moving forward.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy