Archive remote disk

Last post 04-04-2017, 5:00 PM by JohnFLi. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Archive remote disk
    Posted: 03-31-2017, 11:11 AM

Is it possible to run archive against a remote disk?

THe reason I ask is becsaue I have a cellera NAS, and the setup to run archive on it is rather intrusive as the directions have alot of command line entries that have to be on the OS of cellera.   If something bad happened during setup, that would be exceptionally bad.

If I could dedicate a machine that sole purpose in life is to run arive against it, that would be awesome.

• Re: Archive remote disk
    Posted: 03-31-2017, 5:17 PM

Yes, this can be done. See this matrix for the supported options: Data Protection for NFS Exports and CIFS Shares. The advantage of the more invasive Celerra configuration is that it will be easier for users to recall files without requiring any software to be installed on their endpoint devices and without having to use the web console. But it is your choice Smile

Posted: 03-31-2017, 5:58 PM

Thank you for that, but all I see is a link that points back to setting up the archive on cellera.

Posted: 03-31-2017, 7:23 PM

Follow the generic OnePass links on that page for either CIFS or NFS, depending on how the content you are trying to archive is presented. Essentially forget that it is a Celerra for a moment and use the generic documentation instead.

Posted: 04-04-2017, 1:37 PM

ok, i am pretty sure I have it setup.    I am able to do backups on it.  But when I archive, it isn't stubbing any of the files.

I have nMinDaysBeforeStubbing set at zero

same as nMinDRBackupBeforeStubbing.

I have 1 job that does regular full backups on it, and another job that (under the content tab) is checked for 'only backup files that qualify for archiving'

but like i said......the files are not stubbing

Posted: 04-04-2017, 5:00 PM

Ahhhhhh.....

the reason why it wasn't stubbing was becasue I made 1 subclient that did the backup, and another subclient doing the archiving.   Both were under the same client.

Creating another subclient under a different client was the fix for the stubbs not getting created.

Thanks all.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy