Upgrade secondary copy DDB from v9 to v11

Last post 04-19-2017, 7:52 PM by jjbiv. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Upgrade secondary copy DDB from v9 to v11
    Posted: 04-07-2017, 7:49 AM

We have a number of DDBs that we would like to upgrade from v9 to v11.

My understanding is that i need to seal the v9 DDB and then the new DDB will be created as v11 as there is no way to directly upgrade a v9 DDB.

These are secondary DASH copies so rather than waiting for the jobs to be aged out from the sealed DDB, i would like to delete them and then run the auxilary copies to populate the new DDB so the old v9 DDB can be deleeted.

Is this possible? How would i go about doing this?

Thanks

• Re: Upgrade secondary copy DDB from v9 to v11
    Posted: 04-18-2017, 7:04 PM

Here is how I would recommend performing this:

• Enable "Use DDB Priming option with Source-Side Deduplication" on the deduplication tab of the storage policy copy properties for the DASH copy. This option will copy data from the disk library at the DASH copy site instead of transferring the data across the network again. If you have a fast network link, this step might not be necessary.
    • Seal the DDB
    • Run aux copy
    • Delete all jobs in old DDB
    • Give it a day or two to prune the data and ensure the old DDB is gone
    Posted: 04-19-2017, 3:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.

How do i run the aux copy to force the jobs to be recopied?

When i try from the storage policy the job completes immediatly with the message "Description: No data needs to be copied, the to-be-copied jobs are deferred or the source copy doesn't have the required job"

Thanks

Posted: 04-19-2017, 7:52 PM

Here are the directions to run aux copy: Running the Auxiliary Copy. Make sure you have jobs available or selected to be copied before running the aux copy. Here are the steps to manually mark already copied jobs to be copied again: Re-Copy a Job associated with a Copy.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy