Requirment for index cache space on a File Recovery Enabler for Linux

Last post 04-20-2017, 8:58 PM by t-mat. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Requirment for index cache space on a File Recovery Enabler for Linux
    Posted: 04-11-2017, 9:44 AM
    Hello, Experts,

To restore some data from a backup for the source virtual machine, I deployed a a File Recovery Enabler for Linux on ESXi. One day I have experienced the following message on event viewer.

Index cache [/opt/simpana/MediaAgent/IndexCache] free space on MediaAgent [xxxxx] is [15262] MB. It is considered critically low. Backups will start failing if the cache runs out of space. Take one of the following actions: 1. Increase the index cache total disk space. 2. Reduce the retention setting on the index cache.

I just wondering how much space on Index cache area is required on the File Recovery Enabler for Linux, but I would like to know the action in the following.

- How to increase the index cache total disk space
    - How to reduce the retention setting on the index cache

I would appreciate your help in advance. Thanks.
  • Re: Requirment for index cache space on a File Recovery Enabler for Linux
    Posted: 04-18-2017, 5:12 PM

You should be able to safely ignore this warning. The MediaAgent package is installed on the File Recovery Enabler for Linux but the index cache location is not used to store backup indices.

You can move the index cache location or change the retention on the cache tab of the MediaAgent properties.

• Re: Requirment for index cache space on a File Recovery Enabler for Linux
    Posted: 04-20-2017, 8:58 PM

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

I understood that the index cache location is not located on the File Recovery Enabler for Linux.  I will change the retention on the cache tab of the MediaAgent properties.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy