Multiple port-forwarding gateways with identical or overlapping IP ranges

Last post 04-11-2017, 1:09 PM by sechm. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Multiple port-forwarding gateways with identical or overlapping IP ranges
    Posted: 04-11-2017, 1:09 PM

I've been reviewing the documentation on firewalls and the port-forwarding gateway chapter, but my scenario isn't fully documented as far as I can tell.

I have an environment where there are several more or less isolated networks. Clients on each isolated network can connect to the outside world via a gateway, which I'm lead to belive acts as a NAT. I do not manage the devices directly.

From the documentation, I'm fairly sure I'll be able to configure the firewall configuration for clients behind one gateway, but what if I have several of those?

Will the CommServe be smart enough to know which client belongs to which gateway based on the source IP of the incoming connection from each individual gateway? I may have up to one hundred gateways.

Also, each isolated network behind a gateway will probably have the same IP address range, typically a private 192.168.1.0/24 network.

How could I define the individual clients in such a scenario? Just set them with a dummy hostname or a hostname pointing to each gateway?

Is such a configuration even possible?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy