Backup Windows Servers

Last post 04-24-2017, 12:35 AM by maurice_b. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backup Windows Servers
    Posted: 04-19-2017, 2:07 AM

Hi, I am backing a number of Windows servers using a subclient, what I am finding is when I go to restore or see what has been backed up in most cases I only see Volume 1 and C: \. The other drives are just misisng from the backup.

• Re: Backup Windows Servers
    Posted: 04-19-2017, 8:04 PM

Are you using the Virtual Server Agent to backup these Windows servers as VMs? If so, are you performing metadata collection during the backup process to enable guest OS file-level restores? If so, there might be an issue with the metadata collection process (check the events assoicated with the backup job of these VMs); you might try the new Live Browse method to browse and perform the file-level restore. Is there anything special about the volumes which are missing during the browse?

• Re: Backup Windows Servers
    Posted: 04-24-2017, 12:35 AM

Yes we are using VSA with Hot Add and there is nothing special about volumes. What I have found now is If I create a new Sub Client and place one of the machines with the drive issue in the new subclient, the backup works perfecly.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy