sql 2104 AG groups. multiple AGs for one instance

Last post 04-27-2017, 4:28 PM by Ian Crowl. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • sql 2104 AG groups. multiple AGs for one instance
    Posted: 04-24-2017, 10:33 AM

before this weekend, we had SQL 2014 set up with 3 intances (A prod, a testing and a dev instance.  each instance has an AG set up.  (PROD, Testing, DEV)

i commvault, we have the cluser name (server are called SQLA and SQLB, and the cluster is caller SQLCluster)  i have SQLCLuster as a server, SQL IDA and then under the SQL Server, i have the follwing

the tree goes like this

SQLCluster:

--SQL Server:

----SQLCluster\agPROD;

----SQLCluster\agTesting;

----SQLCLiuster\agDEV

as of now, we added another AG to PROD, so now we would have agPROD and agPROD2

some of the DBs in agPROD were moved to agPROD2.  in the backup history, there DBs that moved to agPROD2 were skipped stating they moved to a different AG. This makes sense but now I would like to add the new AG into CommVault to back them up.

I though i would simply add a new sql server to the SQLCluster>SQL Server.  however, when i add a new SQL Server,   i don't see SQLCluster as an option under SQL Client (I only see SQLA and SQLB)  When add SQLA as the client, i seeSQLA\PROD under instances, agPROD2 under Availability Group, i chose SQLB as the SQL Proxy Client, but i get a pop uo stating "Please consider configifuring MSSQL AG client or adding AG instances for all availability groups in commcell"  then a second popup that states "Availablilty Group already exisits"

Next i thought, create a new subclient for the seocnd AG, and just add those DBs to it.  However, when i do this and press discover, if does not see the DBs for agPROD2,  only the DBs there were not moved from agPROD. 

what suggestions do you have to make the commcell see the other AG? 

Thanks

Ian

• Re: sql 2104 AG groups. multiple AGs for one instance
    Posted: 04-24-2017, 3:44 PM

What Commvault version and service pack level are you currently running at?

Posted: 04-24-2017, 3:55 PM

ver 10 sp 15. 

have not made the jump to 11 quite yet.  need to redo the primary and secondary commserves.  using DB mirroring for the database to my dr backup server.  thats another question for another day

Posted: 04-26-2017, 1:30 PM

anyone have a thought?

Posted: 04-26-2017, 4:09 PM

Sorry for the delay.  Could you send a few screenshots of the configuration to help clarify how this is setup and the problem you are having?  It sounds like something may not be configured just right but I'm not sure which piece it is at this point.  

Posted: 04-26-2017, 4:56 PM

what sort of images do you need. like just looking how the layout of the subclients are?

Posted: 04-27-2017, 4:28 PM

this can been closed for me.  Magically, the new AG groups are showing in the commcell. I did not do anything as far as i know.

Thank you for your replies.

Ian

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy