aux copy create new volume with_1 on netapp

Last post 05-06-2017, 1:06 AM by GregorD. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • aux copy create new volume with_1 on netapp
    Posted: 05-06-2017, 1:06 AM
    Hi, we have vmware , cvlt11sp7 with intellisnap, as storage we use netapp, we found out that aux copy create on netapp new volume so we have vmstore01, vmstore01_1,vmstore01_2. action which we do. first we found out that vm which where in the same vsa sbclient where on different vmstores. example subclient vmsap have vm on vmstore01 vmstore02. so we move vm to the same vmstore. so we make now only one snapshoot per vmstore. second step we make is under client we have clients with names server01, server01_1, server01_2. so i merge this. and its correct now. on aux copy storage (netapp) the situation it so, its better but i still have volumes twice or more and under snapshots, i see, vmstore01 have only one snapshot with date and hour when latest aux copy job was run. the volume01_1 have snapshot the last 14 Days also then which is on vmstore01 but different time, date is the same. on netapp operation unifield are the jobs with source and destination vmstore01_1. but this jobs are created automaticly from commvault. i didnt create nothing manually. how can i. merge this aux copy so i would have only one volume with name vmstore01 . because the size of both volume are the same so i have volume with 2tb so on netapp i use 4tb because of this . but its strange on vmstore01 there is only the last snapshot so it cant be so big as the other vmstore which have correctly all snapshots. i know i should one day watch live the actions of commvault and what happend on netapp.but maybie some one can help me. because we will change the netapp storage so we need to copy all data , and we have more volumes which are twice so i will have sollution that we reduce data, and that this wont happend in the feature again.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy