Netapp Intellisnap cascade and fanout replication

Last post 07-28-2017, 8:39 AM by Strangedays. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Netapp Intellisnap cascade and fanout replication
    Posted: 07-27-2017, 6:56 AM

Hi all

I need to manage with Commvault a cascade Snapvault/Snapmirror like this:

snap_primary => snap_vault_local => snap_mirror_remote

but at the moment as per documentation this is not supported:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/nas_ndmp/snap/config_basic.htm

"cascaded replication of primary to snapvault to snapmirror on a single policy is not supported"

I configure a SP with OCUM and fanout Snapvault/Snapvault:

SNAPVAULT_localsource SNAP_primary

SNAPVAULT_remotesource SNAP_primary

it works but it seems that Netapp does not support fanout Snapvault/Snapvault

so I would like to configure a SP with OCUM and cascade Snapvault/Snapvault.

SNAPVAULT_localsource SNAP_primary

SNAPVAULT_remotesource SNAPVAULT_local

Someone has tested a cascade Snapvault/Snapvault with Commvault

Many thanks

Regards

• Re: Netapp Intellisnap cascade and fanout replication
    Posted: 07-28-2017, 8:39 AM

Hi all

sorry for previous text formatting... I update this post with my test and new information

fanout Snapvault/Snapvault:

SNAPVAULT_local        source SNAP_primary

SNAPVAULT_remote    source SNAP_primary

it works but it seems that Netapp does not support fanout Snapvault/Snapvault (Netapp support confirm that is supported)

cascade Snapvault/Snapvault:

SNAPVAULT_local        source SNAP_primary

SNAPVAULT_remote    source SNAPVAULT_local

I receive an error when I try to configure a second cascaded Snapvault copy

Bye

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy