Mobile Media Agent Question

Last post 08-11-2017, 9:37 AM by Ali. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mobile Media Agent Question
    Posted: 08-08-2017, 2:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a Mobile Media Agent that has been used to backup 1.5TB worth of data.

We need to use it again Immediately and it doesn't have the space for mutiple backups.

My Question is how to move this data off onto the Production Media agent and wipe the data without loosing it.

Currently in route to the datacentre to move the data onto another Media agent

How we do this I think is by changing the Client from using the Mobile Media Agent Storage policy to the production policy that all servers are using for this location.

Then perform a synthentic full?? Will the data still remain on the media agent after I have done this?

Just want to be 100% on this.

Cheers!

• Re: Mobile Media Agent Question
    Posted: 08-08-2017, 10:28 PM

I think I know a better way, Set days and Cycles to zero for the primary copy then then run the prune and age operations.

Should clear the Storage on the Mobile Media agent which will let me delete it without having to delete the data, which would potentally delete my secondary copy data.

• Re: Mobile Media Agent Question
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 9:37 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 08-16-2017, 12:11 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Probably too late to reply here, how did it go?

To move data from one MA/Library to another, easy way is to make an Aux copy and make the Mobile MA (in this case) the source for the new copy, essentially you can send it anywhere in the CommCell.

Once the aux copy is complete you can prune the source copy of the Aux and run Data Aging to clear up the space.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy