parititoned ddb

Last post 08-30-2017, 8:06 AM by Jos_NL_1982. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • parititoned ddb
    Posted: 08-08-2017, 9:12 AM

Hi Gurus,

Need recommendation for dash copy mode (nw optmized / disk read optimized) in grid environment.

Q1 : If I have 2 nodes grid at primary site, each with one partitioned of ddb, and 2 nodes grid at secondary site, what is the recommended dash copy mode is?

Q2 : the same as Q1, but single node MA at secondary site, what is the recommended dash copy mode is?

I take this into consideration, as ddb in each node of grid may not in sync, cause from one node may be down for maintenance for a period, which makes that node cannot keep up with ddb in other node for some of ddb entries.

My concern is....

If I auxcopy by using "nw optimized" mode, on the node with less ddb entries, it will read the ddb to determine which chunks should be replicated (which may not equal to another ddb in other node in grid). Could it replicate some chunks which are already replicated to other site in the past? which can create unnecessary network load between sites.

Also, if both nodes' ddb in grid is not in sync, how I can sync it to be equal manually, or it have to be left unsync forever (or it have internal mechanism which sync them together periodically, or they are not designed to be in sync from the start, which I don't know) 

Please help. 

• Re: parititoned ddb
    Posted: 08-30-2017, 8:06 AM

I think the question is: how much bandwidth do I have.

If the connection is fast enough a disk optimized selection would be best. General rule is:

LAN = Disk optimized

WAN = Network optimized

But again, depends on the network speed.
    I know of a situation where a dark fiber connection was used as WAN and there it was fine to use disk optimized.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy