New Server Instance for MariaDB Subclient not accepting username and passwort

Last post 08-17-2017, 8:32 AM by Seb. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • New Server Instance for MariaDB Subclient not accepting username and passwort
    Posted: 08-17-2017, 8:32 AM

Hello,

we have a new MariaDB server and I just installed the MySQL-iData-Agent on the box, so far so good. But when I'm trying to add a new server in the subclient the CommVault console is telling me that user name or password are invalid. That is not true. I tested it local with the command line MySQL-client and also from another server and copied the password from our password safe, so no typos, and no problems connecting to the database. Also I checked the configuration with another MySQL server where the backup is working fine.

The MySqlBrowseAgent.log is showing the following error message:

ySqlInterface::LoadAndInitialize() failed:Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MariaDB client Failed to execute mysql_real_connect

I tried setting skip-secure-auth=true in the MariaDB configuration and also running this to use an older password algorithm:

set password for 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('password');

Nothing works. I also checked if a firewall is blocking something, also negative. So any help or tips would be appreciated Smile

softwareversion

CommVault: 11 SP Build 80
    MariaDB server: Debian 9 with MariaDB 10.1.23

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy