[QA] Where to find info on configuring geolocated MediaAgents?

Last post 09-07-2017, 6:32 AM by RoBeDi. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • [QA] Where to find info on configuring geolocated MediaAgents?
    Posted: 09-07-2017, 6:32 AM

Hi,

I am new to this solution and was wondering on how to the following...

Our organization is globally active and we have four locations, which are using their own CommVault as the email archiving solution. My goal is to consolidate them into one Commvault environment, with geolocated Media Agent & Proxy servers.

Current setup:

• One forest - one domain
    • Four locations with their own Exchange environment: Germany, UK, Australia and USA
      • Germany is the primary location (Forest Root DC is located here)
    Future setup (wish):
    • CommServ located in Germany
      • Policies and Schedules are to be run from this location
      • Media Agent & Proxy servers in branch locations
      • Key Users (Administrators) should log onto one console
    Question:
    • Do I just create a new client in CommServ for each location?
    • Can I migrate their licenses into our environment?
      • Provided that they have the same license as Germany
    • Let say this is possible: are there any documentation available on how to do this?
    thank you in advance.
    Roland
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy