after retain time, no deleting about data aging

Last post 02-27-2018, 5:39 PM by George_E. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • after retain time, no deleting about data aging
    Posted: 10-25-2017, 5:46 AM

Hello,

sorry about my bad english.

We have problems about our storage. we have old jobs which not will delete about the data aging function. where can i check this ?

we have set a retain time of 2 days, but we also see jobs from 2 weeks before.

how can i check this settings to delete storage properly?

we use snap_vault function.

regards

chris

• Re: after retain time, no deleting about data aging
    Posted: 02-25-2018, 6:11 PM

Hello Chris,

Very sorry that it has taken this long for you to get a reply. If you are still curious, the best way to check why a job is still in retention is using the data retention forecast and compliance report.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/reports/types/data_aging_forecast.htm

This will tell you why the job is still in retention, i.e. if it has not met basic cycles, days, not been copied to secondary media, or if it has been set for extended retetnion.

I hope this answers your question!

Kind regards

Allister

• Re: after retain time, no deleting about data aging
    Posted: 02-27-2018, 5:39 PM

Have you checked your Disk free space percentage? 

You will find this under Storage resources, libraries, and right click your to-disk storage, properties, and go to the space management tab. 

Here you can set you low watermark (%) and your high watermark (%). 

Hope that helps. 

George

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy