Send confirmation on qoperation execute in Workflow

Last post 11-01-2017, 11:41 AM by ameykarandikar. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Send confirmation on qoperation execute in Workflow
    Posted: 10-31-2017, 4:15 PM

I need to pass a yes while running this command in a workflow:

command: qoperation

argument: execute -af changeClientName.xml -cs ****** -clientName xpath:{/workflow/inputs/OldName} -newName xpath:{/workflow/inputs/NewName} -hostName xpath:{/workflow/inputs/NewName}.xpath:{/workflow/inputs/fqdn} -tk xpath:{/workflow/Login_INV/token} 

I have tried both -y and -skc

Any other thoughts?

• Re: Send confirmation on qoperation execute in Workflow
    Posted: 11-01-2017, 11:29 AM

Which parameter are you trying to pass yes to?

Also you dont need to do an explicit login/logout for running the commands. The workflow automatically creates a session on behalf of the user executing the workflow and the qcommand activity will just use that token

Posted: 11-01-2017, 11:33 AM
    I am passing yes if it responds with the error that remote machine cannot be contacted, do you want to update registry anyway.
    The reason for that connection is that I run the workflow on a central commcell that I use for reporting and workflow development. I have 10 cells that I have to manage.
    Posted: 11-01-2017, 11:41 AM

you can check the exit code in a decision activity or just put two transitions out of the qoperation activity for success and failure by setting the "execute if previous activity status is" value. You can see the "Demo - Client Group Policy" workflow

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy