redhat x86 glibc 2.3 clients pending/can't be reached

Last post 01-11-2011, 3:07 PM by mhz. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • redhat x86 glibc 2.3 clients pending/can't be reached
    Posted: 12-21-2010, 2:13 PM

I'm on commvault 8. I just submitted this to support but I thought I'd see what the community things.

I have two redhat x86 linux glibc 2.3 clients that all of a sudden don't work.

the only recent change is that the media agents were updated to service pack 5.

Backups for these two clients go into a pending state "waiting for services to start"

They were successfully backed up until 12/16 when an attempt to update them to sp5 was made.

Now, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the clients with sp4 media, backups won't start. It says it can't reach the client, but I've verified connectivity between client/media agents/commcell on port 8400.

Normally if one were to connect to port 8400 using a telnet client, hitting enter a few times would make the connection drop. These two clients don't drop the connection.

What more is there to try if reinstalling doesn't work? Nothing changed on the networks, and they're on two different non firewalled subnets.

• Re: redhat x86 glibc 2.3 clients pending/can't be reached
    Posted: 12-21-2010, 7:31 PM

Hello,

Is the Linux FW running on these two Clients?  Have you verified that you can telnet from the CommServe to the Client and vice versa on port 8400?  You may also want to check name resolution and ensure that the Clients can resolve the CommServe by short-name and FQDN as well as the CommServe being able to resolve these Clients by short-name and FQDN.

JW

• Re: redhat x86 glibc 2.3 clients pending/can't be reached
    Posted: 01-11-2011, 3:07 PM
    • mhz is not online. Last active: 05-31-2019, 9:09 AM mhz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-18-2010
    • Oceanport, NJ
    • Novice
    • Points 61

The issue was that the physical firewall was set up as a 1-way firewall. Once we configured CommVault firewall to match the 1-way the backups completed successfully.

Martha
    Customer Engineer Unix/DB
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy