Report for VSA

Last post 12-23-2010, 7:09 PM by sssstew. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Report for VSA
    Posted: 12-22-2010, 5:06 AM

We have a scheduled report that shows us what servers have been backed up via our VSA servers. Is there anyway to produce a report that would show us what contents have been backed on each server?

• Re: Report for VSA
    Posted: 12-22-2010, 9:04 AM

Taz, are you using DISK level backup?  IF so, the VM being successfully encapsulates all the files that comprise the VM itself.  As an example, if the VM has 4 VMDKs and one fails, the report will show the failed VMDK, so this is considered the content.

Posted: 12-22-2010, 10:06 AM

Vincenzo we are using file level backups.

Posted: 12-22-2010, 12:06 PM

I dont believe there is a report that will show the granular files due to the backend mechanism CV uses for file/volume level backup (similar to their image level iDA).  It would only report failed extents but to the end user that simply isnt helpful.

Posted: 12-22-2010, 5:23 PM

What version of the software are you running? There is more granular reporting for VM's in version 9.0.

Thank you,
    CommVault Customer Support
    24/7 Support Hotline#: 1.877.780.3077

Posted: 12-23-2010, 3:17 AM
    Posted: 12-23-2010, 10:10 AM

Looks like the forum is not posting

Posted: 12-23-2010, 5:50 PM

I'm finding this pretty frustrating lately, they have an MR in for it.

My customer keeps thinking they're backing up 26TB of VMS because a report by VM Client will show the entire size of the backup of the default subclient.

I just want a report that says "VM Name, Backed up size, and completed sucessfully." and have it be accurate!!!

DR Donnie
    --------------
    There's an evil monkey in my CommCell!
    Posted: 12-23-2010, 7:09 PM

yes good point, ive looked on V9 and the job summary still reports just one large lump for the subclient, doesnt break it down to individual VM. hmmm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy