Configuring alert for insufficent sapce on tape and other tape error

Last post 04-19-2018, 1:28 PM by smacdonald. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Configuring alert for insufficent sapce on tape and other tape error
    Posted: 01-15-2018, 4:09 AM

HI all,

I am trying to configure alert  for insufficent sapce on tape and other tape error to notify the local personnel in charge to make sure they handle the task e.g change tape promptly.

However it seemed that the alert are repeating every hour when i didnt no check that repeat every option. Even i checked and change the repeat every 12 hr option, i am still receiving alot of notification.

Anyone have advice for configuring the alert in commvault?

my version currently is v10 sp13

• Re: Configuring alert for insufficent sapce on tape and other tape error
    Posted: 04-19-2018, 1:28 PM

Hi Anthony,

Not sure if you are still having the issue. If so give this a try -

Make sure you open the Commcell gui while rdp'd to the Commserve then Go into the alert. Check then uncheck “Escalated notification criteria" and "Repeat Notification Every" options in the alert, then click next through the Alert then click Finish.

If that does not resolve the issue you could check the Alerts.log on the Commserve for additional hints.  If your still stuck open a support ticket.

Regards,
    Sean

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy