exchange backup

Last post 01-11-2011, 1:36 PM by anand. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • exchange backup
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 1:26 PM

Can any one explain in detail on how exchange backups happen when exchange db is backup up and transaction logs  what files it backs up and what log files its associated . Process  flow.. any help is greatly appreciated

Same alsoexplain the info on SQl backups as weell

• Re: exchange backup
    Posted: 12-28-2010, 2:20 PM

can some one please reply if they know

Posted: 12-29-2010, 10:05 AM

Do you understand the processes as Microsoft provides with their products?

Posted: 12-29-2010, 10:33 AM

No Pls get me the details

Posted: 12-29-2010, 10:42 AM

Well, I will have a look for a good site, where you can read a lot about backing up Exchange and SQL.

I think it is called Technet by Microsoft...

Posted: 01-03-2011, 8:32 PM

anand - i would suggest you invest some time in reading

http://documentation.commvault.com/

And choosing the relevant backup agent your interested in.

Posted: 01-04-2011, 8:43 AM

When we initiate a backup we simply call the exchange backup api's.  The process is handled by the exchange api's entirely.

The KB below from MSFT describes this for ex2007.  The process is virtually the same for any version of exchange depending on legacy api or VSS backup mode.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124515(EXCHG.80).aspx

I hope this helps let me know if you have any further questions.

Patrick

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 01-06-2011, 7:16 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 08-15-2019, 3:53 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,681

anand,

are you having some kind of issue or is this just an informational request?

Posted: 01-11-2011, 1:36 PM

there is no issue. i just need to know for knowledge wise on how backups happen. may bbe it is for exchange or sql or file system on unix or windows..

backup process flow what daemons are involved and when it mounts tape and and writes data and sends maeta dat info..

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy