WorkFlow Creation -Deleting a Client which is a part of a Client Group

Last post 02-05-2018, 2:02 PM by ccshah. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • WorkFlow Creation -Deleting a Client which is a part of a Client Group
    Posted: 02-01-2018, 11:20 AM

Need to have a workflow setup for Deletion of a Client which is a part of a Group which exists in our environment. I have the SQL statement but i need to know how to use that SQL statement to run through the deletion command for the client. 

Here is the SQL statement which i am using. 

Select  c.name
    From APP_Client c
    INNER JOIN APP_ClientGroupAssoc a ON c.id = a.clientId
    WHERE a.clientGroupId in (Select id From APP_ClientGroup Where name = 'Decom Clients' )
  • Re: WorkFlow Creation -Deleting a Client which is a part of a Client Group
    Posted: 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Hi ,

We have a qcommand which you can use in workflow to delete the client

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/commserve/cli_config.htm

You can use the input file as input if you ahve many clients or use input as variable to create a work flow.

Posted: 02-01-2018, 12:40 PM

yes i have the script to delete the clients 

qdelete client -cs <COMMSERVE>-c <Client> -y  

but what i dont understand is how i can get this information from the SQL statement to the script above. 

Posted: 02-01-2018, 2:01 PM

You can look at the Demo_ExecuteProcessOnGroup workflow and it shows how to configure a ForEach loop to iterate through a client list coming back from a DB Query and then using the ForEach output inside an ExecuteCommand activity.

For the -cs <COMMSERVE> parameter, you can use the commCellName system variable as in

-cs xpath:{/workflow/system/commCellName}

Let me know if you need more information on this.

Regards

Posted: 02-05-2018, 2:02 PM

That worked !!!! Thanks for all of your help. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy