Maybe I'm thinking to much out of the box but here it goes:
Currently we have AUX copies in Azure. We designed it to be in a blob store in one combined container for multiple sites.
Due to various reasons we now would like to break the sites backup out and store them in a site specific Azure blobcontainer.
We did this already on one site but it took long time as we used the sites onprem Media Agent. I guess was partly due to
that the onprem Media Agent was proxy for the data.
Does anyone know if it would be faster to place a Media Agent on a virtual machine in Azure, let that have access to both the Azure containers and have it as a proxy for the datatransfer.
My action plan would be the following, though not sure it works.
If it would work would it be faster then having the OnPrem Media Agent do the AUX copy?
1. Create a VM in Azure and install as Media Agent
2. Add that MA to both the Cloud libraries (shared and site specific)
3. Create new STG Policy Copy with site specific Library as destination DDB placed on Azure MA if needed.
4. Aux copy the data
5. When done, Disable source copy.
6. Move DDB, if exists, to OnPrem MediaAgent.
7. Enable path to new Azure library on OnPrem Media Agent
7. Disable path to Azure MA
8. Unshare Path for Azure MA to both Libraries.