Qoperation to Create a New Subclient

Last post 04-04-2018, 9:14 AM by dgzagm. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Qoperation to Create a New Subclient
    Posted: 04-02-2018, 4:44 PM

Hello.  I can't seem figure out how to create a subclient using qoperation. 

Here are my steps..

1. In the GUI create a new Subclient, fill out all needed fields and click Save as Script.

2. then cancel out of the GUI; did not create new subclient in the GUI.

3. then run this command: qoperation execute -af NewSubclient.xml

and I get this error:

execute: Error 0x911: Failed to process request due to invalid entity informatio
    n.Invalid backupsetId for backupsetName[pdx0engfs01].Invalid subclientId for sub
    clientName[cliosoft_tqs].

Here's the first part of the XML...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<App_CreateSubClientRequest>

<subClientProperties>

<subClientEntity>

<subclientName>cliosoft-tqs</subclientName>

<backupsetName>pdx0engfs01</backupsetName>

<instanceName>DefaultInstanceName</instanceName>

<appName>File System</appName>

<clientName>pdx0clus01</clientName>

</subClientEntity>

• Re: Qoperation to Create a New Subclient
    Posted: 04-02-2018, 11:51 PM

Hi D,

Are you able to create this subclient via GUI without error? If so please verify the name of that BackupSet name:

qlist backupset -c pdx0clus01 -a Q_WINDOWS_FS

It doesn't look right to me, but I have no idea what your CC looks like...

Thanks, Shane

Posted: 04-03-2018, 5:16 AM

I would leave the xml as setup within the original download and perform the following command line:

qoperation execute -af create_subclient_template.xml -appName 'File System' -clientName pdx0clus01 -backupsetName DefaultBackupset -subclientName cliosoft-tqs -storagePolicyName xxxxx -contentOperationType ADD -content/path 'xxxxx'

Where the xxxxx needs to be replaced by the required settings, these were not available within the supplied information.

Jos Meijer
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Posted: 04-03-2018, 9:18 AM

Yes, the GUI works fine, without error.  I have the requirement to add multiple subclients with specific settings and was hoping to modify the XML files to make it quick and easy.  The funny thing is that if I setup the new Subclient and click OK, it works fine.  If I save as script and attempt to create it via qoperation it fails.

Here are the names of the BackupSets:

C:\qscripts>qlist backupset -c pdx0clus01 -a Q_WINDOWS_FS
    defaultBackupSet
    pdx0mfgfs01
    pdx0engfs01

Thanks!
    Dan
    Posted: 04-03-2018, 10:16 AM

I think I'm getting somewhere.  I get the same error when I attempt to create the subclient in the pdx0engfs01 backupset.

C:\qscripts>qoperation execute -af create_subclient_template.xml -appName 'File
    System' -clientName pdx0clus01 -backupsetName pdx0engfs01 -subclientName cliosof
    t-tqs -storagePolicyName pdx_nas -contentOperationType ADD -content/path '\\pdx0
    engfs01\cliosoft_tqs$'

execute: Error 0x911: Failed to process request due to invalid entity informatio
    n.Invalid backupsetId for backupsetName[pdx0engfs01].Invalid subclientId for sub
    clientName[cliosoft-tqs].

When I use -backupsetName defaultBackupSet it works, but it's under the Unix 'File System' not Windows 'File System'.

Dan

Jos1982_NL:

I would leave the xml as setup within the original download and perform the following command line:

qoperation execute -af create_subclient_template.xml -appName 'File System' -clientName pdx0clus01 -backupsetName DefaultBackupset -subclientName cliosoft-tqs -storagePolicyName xxxxx -contentOperationType ADD -content/path 'xxxxx'

Where the xxxxx needs to be replaced by the required settings, these were not available within the supplied information.

Posted: 04-04-2018, 9:14 AM

The problem is that we have a Linux "File System" Network Share and Windows "File System" Network Share.  Running the qoperation command attempts to create into the Linux "File System", however it fails because there isn't a backupset that it expects;  the backupset is in the Windows "File System".

How can I specify the Windows "File System"?

Thanks,
    Dan

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy