Reconfiguring a client server and run a Backup

Last post 04-12-2018, 10:30 AM by wsimps01. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Reconfiguring a client server and run a Backup
    Posted: 04-11-2018, 3:28 AM

Hi All,

We are using CV11 SP10.

Recently a client server have been De-configured

and we tried to reconfigure the client server.

I made the below changes in Registries as mentioned below.

I used the Commvault stop for the Commvault software services on CL systems before making the changes to the .properties files.

1. Under /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/Session/.properties

nChatterFlag entry value set to (0) (Zero) default value.

2. Under /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/Commserve/.properties

In sCSHOSTNAME entry value _Disabled_ is removed infront of the CS Hostname

3. Under /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instance001/Firewall/.properties

The nDISABLE_CVFWD entry value is set to (0) (Zero) default value.

4.  I used Commvault start to start the Commvault services.

Check Readiness is ready.

Commserve hostname is missing in client properties.

There is no "Restart all services" and "Push Network configuration" options availble in client All Tasks options.

I suspect that reconfiguration is not happened properly.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance

• Re: Reconfiguring a client server and run a Backup
    Posted: 04-11-2018, 5:57 AM

Hi Digit

From the description that was provided I am assuming that you are deconfiguring from an old server and then reconfiguring the client on another new server. 

Usually the client properties will be stored in the CommServe DB, so when you do want to do an hardware refresh, you should first uninstall the client on the old server using the "Add & remove" software, and then just install the necessary binary to the new server, ensuring it contains all the right client and hostname .

By doing so it should inherit what is already setup on the CommServe side. 

I wouldn't really recommend to play around with the registry unless you are absolutely sure the setting that you are applying is correct. 

If you can provide more details to your scenario we can definitely suggest more 

Thank you 

Winston 

Posted: 04-11-2018, 9:22 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 12-08-2018, 3:59 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,452

You just want to do a reinstall. Same steps as OS upgrade without the actual OS upgrade. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=7665.htm#o7667

Posted: 04-12-2018, 10:30 AM

If any data exists from the previous server make sure you run a manual FULL backup or the schedule will fail as existing incremental data exists. I ran into this issue myself recently. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy