WORKFLOW - Execute XML - Make it waiting until finish executing

Last post 13 hours, 46 minutes ago by StorageGuy007. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • WORKFLOW - Execute XML - Make it waiting until finish executing
    Posted: 04-12-2018, 11:30 PM

Hi Team,

I have used an Execute workflow activity to execute XML code. This is from running the Upgrade Software from All Tasks and saving as a script, then cut+paste into the input of the Execute activity. The issue I am having trouble with is I want the Execute activity to wait until the Upgrade of the client has completed (successful/failure), then deal with the exitcode. However, the Workflow continues on to completion, but the Upgrade job in the Job controller is still activity. I have used a WaitforCompletion, but the execute (XML to upgrade a client) must say it is complete as the workflow goes onto completion.

Is there a way to make the Execute of the XML wait until the job is complete? Is the a flag to set inside the XML code?

Thank you in advance

Laurence

• Re: WORKFLOW - Execute XML - Make it waiting until finish executing
    Posted: 04-13-2018, 9:49 AM

Hi Laurence,

The WaitForJobCompletion should work. Are passing the jobid into the wait activity? if possible send the workflow over. There is a demo workflow in you GUI called "Demo_FileSystemBackupRestore" you can use for reference.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 04-15-2018, 10:09 PM

Hi StorageGuy007,

I have uploaded the WF. Unfortunately, the execute activity which I have used to embed the XML from a saved script does not have a jobid component. The XML works but I need it to continue after success or fail, then a decision element will decide what to do after that. Maybe I need another activity for the XML.

thanks

Posted: 13 hours, 46 minutes ago

HI,

If you want it to just continue on even after fail then on the general tab of the activity set the continue after max restarts to true and the max restarts value to 0.

Hope this helps

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy