Change username of Backup Jobs

Last post 04-24-2018, 12:02 PM by Jos1982_NL. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Change username of Backup Jobs
    Posted: 04-18-2018, 1:35 PM

Is there any type of workflow out there which can change the ownership of the backup jobs to the default commvault user?  We would like to have this for workflows also. 

• Re: Change username of Backup Jobs
    Posted: 04-19-2018, 3:46 AM

For workflows you can log in as the default commvault user in the java console, go to workflows, right click the workflow to change, select all tasks, select Take Ownership. Following on this activity you want to Deploy the workflow from the same menu to force the workflow to be executed by the default commvault user.

Regarding jobs I will have to look in my history, I have this solution in there somewhere :p

Edit: You can change the schedule owners and therefor the user performing the jobs with the following command line:

qoperation execscript -sn changeScheduleOwner -si @oldUserName -si @newUserName

Jos Meijer
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Posted: 04-24-2018, 11:02 AM

Were you able to find anything in your history for change the commvault user on backup jobs? 

Posted: 04-24-2018, 12:02 PM

Please view my previous comment, my phone doesn't copy past in this forum :(

There you will find a command line for the job user change :)

Jos Meijer
    Senior Technical Consultant
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy