Oracle Restore - How do you set the Media Agent

Last post 01-06-2011, 9:45 AM by OttoHD. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Oracle Restore - How do you set the Media Agent
    Posted: 01-05-2011, 2:10 PM

Our Oracle DBA's kick off restores from within Oracle.  The clients have CV Simpana 8.0 Sp4 File system, Oracle iDataagnet, and Media agent installed.

Is there a way to define what media agent it should use?  The Storage policy assigned has several datapaths for other media agents so it would always just use the default path when kicked off.

Here's a sample parameters entry

PARMS="SBT_LIBRARY=/opt/simpana/Base/libobk.so,ENV=(CvClientName=MYDESTINATIONSERVERNAME,CVOraRacDBClientName=MYSOURCESERVERNAME,CvInstanceName=Instance001,CVOraRacDBName=MYDBNAME),BLKSIZE=262144";

underlined items have been renamed for this posting.

Thanks!!

• Re: Oracle Restore - How do you set the Media Agent
    Posted: 01-05-2011, 5:15 PM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 08-09-2019, 1:49 PM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Expert
    • Points 1,671

Hi OttoHD,

Currently there is no way to specify which media agent to use when invoking a backup or restore from RMAN command (Outside of the CommCell Console).  We have an enhancement request already in place with our developers to add this feature in a future release, but I can't say when that might happen.  In the mean time the only way would be to trigger the restore through the GUI, reset the default path in the GUI to the specified media agent before invoking the restore, or temporarily take the other media agents off line before invoking the restore.

Ernie

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
  • Re: Oracle Restore - How do you set the Media Agent
    Posted: 01-06-2011, 9:45 AM

Ernie,

Thanks for the response.  I thought that might be the answer.

I was able to do another work around.  I killed the running job, set the default path in the storage policy to the one I wanted it to run on and then restarted the job.  That worked like a champ.

Otto

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy