Predefined Alert - Software Updates - can notification frequecy be changed?

Last post 05-15-2018, 7:16 PM by jhshen. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Predefined Alert - Software Updates - can notification frequecy be changed?
    Posted: 05-15-2018, 5:26 PM

Everyday, I get the Predefined Alert name:

Updates available for download

Alert Information

Alert Category  :  Software Updates
       Alert Type  :  Updates Available to Download
       Alert Criteria  :  Updates Available to Download

Just wondering if there's a way to edit the frequency of these alert notifications so that it's not checked daily but rather, at a lesser frequency such as Weekly or Monthly. Under Alerts -> Updates available for download, I looked in the Edit section and I didn't any such option. Under Token Criteria Selection,  isee a Rule Group called TIME but that only provides a time range and no option for when the alert can be triggered.

• Re: Predefined Alert - Software Updates - can notification frequecy be changed?
    Posted: 05-15-2018, 5:47 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 05-25-2018, 11:26 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Expert
    • Points 1,307

Alerts are typically 'scheduled'. Check the schedules for an alert with the same name. View from the CommServe should work. 

• Re: Predefined Alert - Software Updates - can notification frequecy be changed?
    Posted: 05-15-2018, 7:16 PM

From the CommCell Browser, right clicking Commvault server and selecting View -> Schedules and then looking at the values under the Alert, Job Type, Type, and Schedule Name column values do not match the Predefined Alert that produced the daily e-mails:

Name: Updates available for download

Alert Category: Software Updates

Alert Type: Updates Available to Download

Detected Criteria: Updates Available to Download

Under Type, I see a "Download Updates" but the scheduled pattern does not match the one I'm looking for. I also tried to look at the scheduled time to see if it close to the time that I receive the daily reports at 7:13 AM.

Is there another possible setting? Or is there any other scheduled policies that could contain and trigger such a message?

FYI, I'm running Commvault V11 SP9.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy