Exchange 2013-2016 Migration - Mailbox Classic Agent

Last post 06-11-2018, 1:01 PM by CVGuy54. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange 2013-2016 Migration - Mailbox Classic Agent
    Posted: 06-08-2018, 11:12 AM

I am in a coexistence mode right now with Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016, both on-prem.  I am wondering how I can configure the existing Exchange Mailbox (Classic) agent to work in this scenario?

Is it possible to configure the agent so that it can also backup the new Exchange 2016 mailboxes until the 2013 mailboxes have been moved off and that server is decommissioned?  Or do I have to add a completely new agent specifically for Exchange 2016 on another proxy client?

• Re: Exchange 2013-2016 Migration - Mailbox Classic Agent
    Posted: 06-11-2018, 12:29 PM

Any chance you could move over to the 'new mailbox agent' which has full support for these scenarios?  It is possible with Exchange Mailbox Classic but I know this works VERY well with the new Mailbox agent.  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=93636.htm

Here is some notes for MB Classic:  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=17251.htm#o17262

• Re: Exchange 2013-2016 Migration - Mailbox Classic Agent
    Posted: 06-11-2018, 1:01 PM

I've chosen to use the database mining tool during the transition period.  Hopefully I can get the mailboxes transferred over in a couple weeks time and then use the Mailbox Classic agent to point to the 2016 server when 2013 is no longer hosting any mailboxes.

Thanks for the input!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy